Of Chinese origin, Haiying Song immigrated in Canada in 2001. She was a professor of fashion design at the Xi’an University of Polytechnic from 1988 to 1998 and curator of the Sanya Gallery in Shanghai. Recipient of a 1998-99 bursary fund from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France, she was a trainee professor at the National School of Applied Arts in Paris and then obtained a Master’s degree in event design from UQAM (Montreal, Quebec) in 2003. From 2003 to 2010, she worked as a representative in finances in Montreal. Since 2006, she acts as Chief Executive Officer of Yari Productions. She was a member of the Prime Minister Chinese mission, Philippe Couillard, in 2014. Mrs Song is the founder of the Quebec Arts Festival in China.
Haiying Song set up 21 tours until this day. Determined to help Canadian cultural circles to establish their presence in China and to build bridges of reciprocity between both countries:
- Participant in the mission of Quebec Prime Minister in China (2014)
- Project of CALQ creation residency for Quebec artists in China (Shanghai)
- Chinese diffusers presented to the Bourse Rideau (2013 and 2014)
- Project of cultural management between the provinces of Shandong and Quebec in collaboration with la Danse sur les routes du Québec
- Quebec delegation at the China International Performing Arts Fair (2014)
- Focus on China 2014 at the Montreal Place des Arts
- Quebec delegation at the China Guangzhou Performing Arts Fair (2013)
- « Jazz–China-Canada » exchange project
- Invited by the Culture Ministry as mission representative in China (2012).